Monday, February 8, 2010

All Dogs Go To Heaven

Have you ever lost a best friend?
.
I have. My buddy Barkley, a Golden Retriever, passed away from distemper a few months after my mommy got me. He got sick so fast that I wasn't even able to say a proper goodbye to him. When he got home from the hospital, after being confined for a week, he was so weak he couldn't even lift his head to say hello. We used to have so much fun playing together (I think he thought I was his personal squeaky toy).
.
My family was so sad. They buried him in the backyard, and whenever I missed him, I'd go to his spot and try to dig him up (My mom freaked out. Something about bacteria seeping through the soil. Does it?). One day, the baranggay tanod came to visit and took Barkley's body away for good. All we had to remember him by were scrawlings on the concrete wall marking a cross and a "We Love You" etched on it.
.
I miss my buddy, Barkley. But I'm glad to know that he is just over rainbow bridge romping around with the other dogs (and cats) who have left this earthly world too soon.
.
If you've recently lost a pet, you'll be glad to know that there is such a place where you can visit and remember them by. PAWS made this possible by putting up a Pet Memorial Wall, where you can leave flowers, candles, or your pet's favorite treat to nibble on in animal heaven.
.
{PAWS Pet Memorial Wall}
.

{The Pet Memorial Wall was also put up to raise funds for the shelter.
For only P2000, you get an 8" x 10" memorial tile, so that you can visit your beloved pet anytime you want. You can even design your own tile. The Memorial Wall stands as long as the PAWS shelter exists.}

3 comments:

  1. Awww... we have a pet memorial of Hollis (our pug) too at PAWS. Did you see his tile? My mom and I were so depressed when he died.

    By the way I'm linking this blog on MyPetChannel ha? :-)

    --Jill--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill!

    I'm so sorry to hear about Hollis passing away. But at least we know for sure that all dogs go to heaven, right? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family also Chuckie in the same month and buried him in the backyard. Fortunately, there is a proposal to have a pet cemetery in Manila, so pets can have a resting place especially if their owners doesn't have a lot. May this proposal turn into a reality...soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails