Sunday, December 13, 2009

PAWS and My GROW UP! Christmas Wish

My mom visited PARC (PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center) yesterday. It was such an eye-opener. I admit, I have a lot of growing up to do, because sometimes I can be really childish and bratty, but I do know that I'm lucky to have my humans in my life. I feel so blessed that I have a happy home and wonderful family, unlike the animals at the shelter, who have been victims of cruelty, neglect, and abuse.
.
It's a good thing that the efforts of PAWS (The Philippine Animal Welfare Society) volunteers have greatly helped a lot in rescuing those poor animals. They provide food, shelter, and so much love to the abused cats and dogs. Hopefully, they can help them find good, permanent homes too.
.
So, for my GROW UP! Christmas wish, I hope that more animals at the shelter get adopted soon. I wish they can be able to feel the joy and warmth of spending Christmas with a loving family too!
.
{Shawn, aptly named, was found at an anorexic state and covered in grease inside a tunnel on Shaw Boulevard.}
{Look how healthy he looks now, thanks to PAWS and his new mommy.}

{Mommy went to the PAWS Christmas Party, and all she got me was this pin...}
{The cat pin and cookie was for cat-lover Tita Gabby.}
{Oh, proceeds from the pins go to PAWS. For only P50 a pop, it's nice to know that you get to help my canine and feline friends on Christmas.}
.
If you want to help, check out their website:
.
Speaking of Christmas wishes, I haven't gotten my mommy anything for Christmas yet. I think I heard her say she wants a colored Moleskine to write on or something. I guess I can do that. Aren't moles like badgers? And isn't dachshund German for 'badger dog' anyway? ;) Now, if I can only manage to catch one for mommy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails